One of the most exciting events Safelite hosts recently came to an end – our national technician competition. It’s a unique opportunity to celebrate the heroes of our business – our technicians – and to showcase the hard work they put into delighting our customers daily.
This bi-annual event – Safelite’s Best of Belron – brings together the company’s top 12 technicians to compete for the title, a cash prize of $10,000 and to represent Safelite AutoGlass in the international Best of Belron Competition, a tournament hosted by Safelite’s parent company, which includes champions from each of its 35 countries.
The event took place on January 10-11, 2014, in Columbus, Ohio, welcoming guests from all over the country. The competition, which includes windshield replacement, windshield repair, back glass replacement and side glass replacement, is based on skill, quality and customer service. The 12 competitors were identified in a series of market and regional competitions.
I’m pleased to announce the 2014 winner is: Casey Rose!
Representing Safelite’s Mid-South region, Baton Rouge, La. technician Casey Rose has been with the company for five years. The father of two met his wife at Safelite, who is a customer advocate supervisor Jill Mace. He will travel to Rome, Italy in May to compete for the international title.
To prepare for the competition, Casey worked closely with his technician manager Tony Darbonne. “I couldn’t have done it without Tony. Together, we studied the notes that our technician director provided and I made sure to take time with my customers,” Rose said. “I just felt good when I stepped away from my vehicle after the competition, knowing I communicated well with my customers making sure they understood what was going on. While I am excited to win, each one of the 12 guys are winners.”
Well – done, Casey! We can’t wait to cheer you on in Rome!
Additional congratulations are in order for the other competitors, who all worked very hard. They are:
1. Justin Bowie, Albuquerque (Southwest Region winner)
2. Steve Kerley, St. Louis (Midwest Region winner)
3. Jason Mayfield, Cheyenne, Wyo. (Rockies Region winner)
4. Scott McDermott, Baltimore (Mid-Atlantic Region winner)
5. Jacob Reed, Bloomsburg, Pa. (North Atlantic Region winner)
6. Gary Riebesehl, Palm Bay, Fla. (South Region winner)
7. John Rhine, Hanford, Calif. (California Region winner)
8. Michael Robertson, N. Charleston, S.C. (South Atlantic Region winner)
9. Troy Skidmore, Boise, Idaho (Northwest Region winner and runner-up in the national competition)
10. Micah Van Dyke, Charlotte (Wildcard entrant)
11. Guss Wasson, Louisville, Ky. (Ohio Valley Region winner)
These technicians have trained for nearly a year to prepare for this competition on top of their daily work. At Safelite AutoGlass, we strive to hire the best people, and all of our participants illustrate the excellent customer focus that has made us a leader in our industry. This competition is a fun, motivational way to demonstrate what a quality windshield replacement means to customers and what quality employees mean to us as a business. We are proud to have these individuals on our team.
To see photos of Safelite’s Best of Belron, visit Flickr and follow the Facebook page.