February 24 2014

Bobby Jones: 2014 Customer Service Manager of the Year, Silver


Steve Miggo, Safelite Senior Vice President of Operations
0 Comments

Congratulations to Bobby Jones, a store manager and technician in Quincy, Mass., who won Silver in the Customer Service Manager of the Year category for the eighth annual Stevie® Awards for Sales & Customer Service. The Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service are the world’s top sales awards, contact center awards, and customer service awards.

More than 1,500 nominations from organizations of all sizes and in virtually every industry were evaluated in this year’s competition, an increase of 36 percent over 2013. Finalists were determined by the average scores of 129 professionals worldwide, acting as preliminary judges. Entries were considered in 43 categories for customer service and contact center achievements. More than 260 executives around the world participated in the judging process for the 2014 awards, to determine the Finalists and then the Gold, Silver and Bronze Stevie Award placements.

Bobby “The Experience” Jones


While there are many technicians who stand out for embracing the Safelite’s customer-driven philosophy, Bobby Jones is a role model within the organization. He joined Safelite nearly six years ago as a technician. He believed so whole-heartedly in the company’s high standards in creating a memorable customer experience, that he actually nicknamed himself Bobby “The Experience” Jones, replacing his name on his uniform with the simple word “Experience.”



Recently, Jones was promoted to a store manager in the Quincy, Mass., market and has drastically improved the customer experience. Safelite measures customer satisfaction using the Net Promoter Score (NPS). When Bobby took over the Quincy store, their NPS was 70.9 percent, Bobby motivated his staff and today, they are consistently getting over 90 percent.

According to his managers, Jones not only lives customer service, his attitude and larger-than-life personality is contagious to all in his store. He takes every customer one at a time and stresses the importance of each customer’s experience. He is not satisfied with a 96.9 percent NPS, rather he looks at what can he do to delight the other 3.1 percent.

Even as a store manager, Jones still works on cars. His team appreciates knowing they have his support and he’s willing to “get in the trenches” with them. He is able to spread a positive attitude with his leadership while also providing technical support to his team.

One customer wrote in to say, “I am a retired CEO of a Fortune 500 company who had over 1000 technicians stationed worldwide in the medical equipment business. I was just treated to one of the most positive memorable experiences in the service industry that I have ever witnessed. The equipment, tools and material were impressive, but the competence and customer satisfaction skills demonstrated by Bobby were outstanding. You are a very lucky company to have him as one of your colleagues. Thanks for sending Bobby to replace my wife's BMW windshield. He is a world-class employee.”


About The Stevie Awards
Stevie Awards are conferred in five programs: the Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards, The American Business Awards, The International Business Awards, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, and the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. Honoring organizations of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about the Stevie Awards at www.StevieAwards.com.

More than 400 nominated customer service and sales executives from the U.S. and several other countries attended the gala banquet. The Business TalkRadio Network will broadcast a recording of the presentations this Wednesday, February 26, at 8:00 pm ET. Details about the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service and the list of Stevie winners in all categories are available at www.StevieAwards.com/sales.

Read More



Comments:





Feel free to comment below:

Name:



Comment:



Please enter the word you see in the image below: