Earlier, we shared our experience with implementing a text analytics tool to better Listen to customers and create actionable outcomes. One of the interesting insights we pulled was why our mobile technicians scored higher customer service scores than our in-shop technicians – customer interaction.
It’s one of those things that you want to hit yourself on the forehead and say, “doh!” You see, several years ago, we wanted to improve our customer service and rolled out the 5Ts of Customer Service to our mobile workforce.
1. Time: Call customers in advance to notify them of arrival time.
2. Touch: Shake hands, make eye contact and engage the customer.
3. Technical excellence: Doing it right the first time, every time.
4. Talk: Tell the customer what we’re going to do and do it.
5. Thanks: Show appreciation for choosing Safelite.
While customers who are served at home or at their place of business have interaction with technician repairing or replacing their auto glass. However, customers who choose to bring their car to one of our many shops, only interact with someone at the service desk. By using text analytics, we learned that in-shop customers want the same technician interaction as their mobile appointment counterparts.
So, an easy fix: we rolled out the 5Ts in-shop – delivering communications and signage to our more than 500 locations.
What are some insights you’ve gained through text analytics that gave you that “doh” moment?