At Safelite, we believe our commitment to service includes service to the communities where we live and work. Thanks to the efforts of our associates who so selflessly give of their time, energy and money to serve those in need, we’ve been recognized as Benefactor of the Year in Columbus Business First’s 2014 Annual Corporate Caring Awards program, which recognizes companies that are dedicating their resources to a variety of nonprofit organizations.
The winners are selected in the categories of arts, education, environmental, health, human services and Benefactor of the Year. This is the fourth year Safelite has been honored with a Corporate Caring Award, but it is the first time we have won the top prize as Benefactor of the Year. Previous awards include:
• 2012 Education Category award
• 2008 Arts Category award
• 2001 Health and Human Services award
In particular, Safelite’s new, formalized “giving back” approach – our 1-2-3 philosophy - was highlighted in the article. Our 1-2-3 philosophy is simple:
1. Safelite Group donates 1% of its annual trading profit to the Safelite AutoGlass Foundation.
2. Safelite encourages associates to give 2% of their time to volunteer in their community, including 16 hours of paid time off the company allows every associate for volunteer work.
3. Giving back is one of 3 areas of social responsibility that Safelite embraces, in addition to ethics and the environment.
I would like to give a heart-felt thank you to all of our associates who rise to the challenge each and every day. We challenge them to volunteer their time, both on our clock and theirs, and they do. We challenge them to donate their dollars, and they graciously do. This type of commitment makes me proud to be a part of the Safelite family. I hope all of our employees truly understand the positive impact they have on others.
To learn more about the great work that Safelite does in all our communities across the country, watch our Safelite AutoGlass Foundation video.