It’s not always enough to just get the job done – it requires personal attention to the customer to make them feel you’re trustworthy.
With that in mind, Safelite technicians are encouraged to follow “The Five Ts”:
1) Time: Call customers in advance to notify them of arrival time.
2) Touch: Shake hands, make eye contact, and engage the customer.
3) Technical excellence: Do it right the first time, every time.
4) Talk: Tell the customer what we’re going to do and do it.
5) Thanks: Show appreciation for choosing Safelite.
It sounds simple enough, but these five steps make a world of difference. Shane Adams, a former repair specialist (he’s been promoted since), is the perfect example of how courteous and professional you need to be in handling customers. A winner of our annual 2010 Everyday Hero Award, Shane talks about interacting with clients in this video.
“I’ve had bad customer experiences myself, for work I’ve had done, and it ruins your whole day. I don’t want to be the reason someone’s had a bad day. I want to be the reason they’ve had a good day.”
One customer wrote in to say, “I just can’t say enough about how much I appreciate Shane! I wish he worked on more than just windows! My entire experience with Safelite was truly the best customer service I have ever received.”
Wow – that does make your day, doesn’t it!